- Deep fried camembert with a rich tomato jam
- Ham hock terrine with pickled cucumber, red onion and cornichons
- Soufflé au fromage: cheese soufflé with poached pear in red wine
- Betrave et fromage de chèvre: grilled soft goat's cheese with beetroot on toast
- Fricassée de champignons sauvages: panfried wild mushrooms cooked in garlic butter, served on toasted bread, with fresh parsley
- Saucisse de Toulouse with Dijon mustard and bread.
Why we love Chez Francis (Cowbridge Road): Patron Francis Dupuy made his name in Cardiff’s food scene in the 90s with Le Gallois. He since setup the mightily successful Pier 64 and his latest labour of love is an invitation for you to share in childhood gastro memories from his home, Chez Francis. Expect to enjoy a night of quality cuisine served with poise and passion by an enigmatic father and son team.
The food is unapologetically French with bold, rich flavours dominating the menu. All the classics are present: from escargots, cassoulet, confit de canard and coq au vin to clafoutis and tarte aux citron. The cooking is from the heart and eating here highlights just how classic French dishes should be done (Les Bleues are regular visitors after their 6 nations matches) – take note, Café Rouge. With delightfully friendly service to boot, Chez Francis has established itself as a firm favourite with Cardiffians. Allez-y!
How to claim: Purchase through Wriggle, then arrive within the window of opportunity - introduce yourself as a Wriggler with a smile and show your unique Wriggle code to redeem your purchase. Remember to pay for any extras you buy, tip accordingly and leave feedback for your chance to win £20 credit and to help our partners keep improving. Wriggle responsibly.