We're Wriggle, an award-winning app and website based in the heart of Bristol.
We are aiming to be the number one way for customers to discover and transact at local eat-out establishments in the UK, whilst being the simplest, most engaging way for restaurateurs to bring new customers through the door. Basically, where Deliveroo delivers food to people, Wriggle delivers people to food.
It's an exciting time at Wriggle as we embark on a journey across the country. We're currently proven and operating successfully in 3 cities – Bristol, Brighton and Cardiff – and are ready to scale up and attack our nationwide goal. As a result, we’re on the hunt for a talented, ambitious Partnerships and Sales Manager to join us in our next steps.
We are looking for a dynamic, ambitious and results-driven Partnerships and Sales Manager, to:
- Oversee Sales and Partnership-Acquisition processes across Wriggle and as we launch into new cities, and
- Be our Bristol city-manager, taking ownership of our most established location, and ensuring it continues to flourish and grow.
You will work alongside the CEO, CTO, CMO and Head of Operations, managing the efficiency and performance of our Sales and Partnerships functions and performance across Wriggle’s various location. In Bristol specifically, you will be hands-on and roll up your sleeves to develop new business yourself, and help existing partners to improve their performance on Wriggle.
As Sales and Partnerships Manager, the role's key functions include:
- Overseeing B2B acquisition/retention in existing cities (managing other city managers’ sales performance)
- Managing and improving B2B acquisition/retention processes
- Owning B2B-acquisition side of new city launches
- Reporting directly to Board and CEO on overall B2B acquisition/retention
As Bristol City Manager, key functions include:
- Develop new business
- Manage existing accounts, and help them to improve performance on Wriggle
- Report (to leadership team, and to Board) on Bristol performance
- Deliver key projects
We are looking for someone ambitious, who wants to grow with Wriggle and its leadership team, and with the talent to manage our B2B sales and partnerships processes when we’re nationwide.
At this stage, the right candidate must also be willing to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty themselves, since, in the short-to-medium term, this role is as much about getting stuck in yourself (and continuing to grow Bristol performance) as it is about managing other cities and city managers.
The right candidate will have management experience, an operational mindset, excellent organisation skills, and excellent attention to detail, alongside a love of food and eating out, and be an excellent culture fit for a fast-moving, engaging startup culture that is evolving into a scale-up.
- Proven track record in Business Development, preferably managing a sales team
- Super ambitious
- Excellent organisational skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Excellent communication skills; personable and looking to build long-term relationships
- Experience working with restaurants/food & drink
- A love of local food & drink
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter. Interviewing will take place in first week of January 2019.
Know somebody who'd be perfect for the role?
If you successfully recommend the candidate who we ultimately recruit for this role, we'll say 'thank you' by giving you £250 Wriggle credit. To refer somebody, either tag them on our job advert posts on social, or send an email to email@example.com with the name and contact details of the person you'd like to refer. You should ask the applicant to mention your name in their covering letter, too.