We're Wriggle – an award-winning app and website helping people discover and buy the best local food & drink. We're on a mission to transform cities into thriving independent hubs of amazing food & drink venues that people can't wait to discover.
We are looking for a passionate foodie to be our person-in-the-know in Cardiff on a part-time basis – writing about all the independent food & drink happenings in the city (whether articles on the Best Sunday Roasts in the cities, or where to find the finest brunch or burger, or to report on news of the latest openings). We want someone excited to have their finger on the pulse, who wants to be paid to eat and drink around the city, and document their travels as they go.
The role is part-time, and can be flexible around your requirements. It would make a brilliant opportunity for anyone juggling other part-time requirements, whilst getting to eat and drink around the city.
As an additional perk we can also offer a fulltime desk in our offices at the Sustainable Studio, in the centre of Cardiff. We would expect you to pop in at least once or twice a month for your Wriggle role, but you'd be welcome to use the desk for your own work as much or as little as you like.
Skills – What experience do we want?
- Creative writing skills: an ability to fit Wriggle’s communication style and tone
- An interest in digital marketing and what makes content successful
- Curiosity and desire to improve performance
Values – We are looking for someone who:
- Loves eating and drinking out, and is passionate about Cardiff and independent food & drink
- Is self-motivated, and reliable
- Takes pride in their work
- Wants to have a positive impact on their city and the environment
What we’re offering:
- A fixed monthly retainer/fee - depending on the number of articles/days you can provide per month (we're flexible - so can confirm this figure once we understand your availability)
- Lots of learning opportunities
- A free desk in central Cardiff (we'd expect you to pop in at least once or twice a month for your Wriggle role, but you'd be welcome to use the desk for your own work as much or as little as you like)
- Lots of free food & drink
Email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter email (containing details of your availability) and your CV.