Ok, we'll admit it; the Wriggle Cardiff team have spent quite a lot of time basking in the sunshine these last couple of weeks.
But we've also been busy hunting for summery meals that make the most of these bemusingly balmy temperatures.
You know the kind we mean; plates of tempting tapas, summer salads, and sharing plates that are just begging to be savoured with a bottle of crisp, white wine.
And then, as if by magic, Society Standard gave us a call to tell us about their new 'small plates' menu, and we knew we'd found what we'd been looking for...
So what's on the menu?
- Herby houmous with micro herbs and za'atar flat bread
- Cauliflower pakora with Keralan curry sauce and tomato chutney
- Creole prawns and grits – cajun spiced prawn skewers with creamed cornmeal and creole sauce
- Ribs and taters: pork loin ribs in sticky BBQ sauce with smoked potato salad
- Fried whitebait with smoked paprika and aioli
- Sauteed chorizo with red wine, confit garlic and warm sourdough
- Smoked mackerel paté with caper berries, cucumber salad and toasted sourdough
- Lamb meatballs with spiced tomato sauce, feta cheese and za'taar
Our top tip? Grab a table next to the bi-fold windows and enjoy a spot of pavement-side people watching whilst you sip on a glass of something cold and refreshing. If that doesn't tickle your fancy, there's also a fab beer garden out back.
We're running a Wriggle deal on the new sharing plates menu from Sunday - Wednesday every week in May. Click here to purchase four small plates for just £17.95.