It's a truly great time to be alive – the sun is shining non-stop, there's still a very good chance that it's coming home (at least, there is at the time of writing...), and perhaps best of all: the Averys Craft Beer Festival is back.
Taking place in the historic Averys Cellars, this year's craft beer festival boasts an amazing theme: a Bristol VS London brewery showcase. Featuring a dazzling display of local breweries which are pitted head-to-head with their counterparts from the big smoke, this event is guaranteed to make you proud to be a Bristolian (whether by birth or adoption).
What can I expect at the festival?
- Three hours of unlimited tastings of all the beers at the festival
- Stalls from all of our favourite Bristol breweries, including: Arbor Ales, Moor Beer, Wiper & True and Cocksure Brewing from Bristol
- Strong competition from a selection of seriously hot London breweries: Brick Brewery, Five Points Brewing and Orbit Beers
- Chilled out tunes
- A handy tasting booklet to make notes in and take home
- Delicious food to buy from the Hogfathers' street food stall
And although this might be a controversial opinion – if you're struggling with the relentless heat, the Averys Cellars are underground, and therefore a very, very cool place to hang out...
When is the festival?
It's this Saturday, 14th July, in the beautiful Averys Cellars. There are two different sessions – you can pick either the 1pm or the 5:30pm session – both offer you three hours of tasty beers, and the chance to chat with some of your favourite local breweries about all things hip, hop and happening (sorry).
Where can I get tickets?
Through Wriggle, of course! Your trusty fairy gobmothers have teamed up with Averys to offer you lucky lot some specially priced tickets that are an absolute steal – follow the links below to reserve your space in hop heaven this weekend!