To celebrate the joy of organic food, the Organic Trade Board is inviting people up and down the nation to Wake Up To Organic with a free organic mini breakfast.
This Wednesday (June 13), 12 stores across East Sussex will be dishing up organic breakfast tasters to local shoppers to show how easy it is to go organic and celebrate food as it should be – full of goodness! As well as a free organic taster breakfast, some stores will be offering a range of activities including; organic cookery demonstrations, opportunities to meet local organic producers, as well as the chance to receive top tips on making a switch to organic, and much more! Infinity Foods are one of the big hitters taking part, read our interview with them here.
Going organic has never been easier and the appetite for organic food and drink is continuing to grow with sales in the UK at an all-time high of £2.2bn. It’s a great time to make simple changes to your shopping habits, diet and health to make sure you Feed Your Happy!
By choosing organic you can rest easy knowing your food is produced to the highest standards with a host of great benefits:
- Better for nature and the planet: Organic farming works with the environment as it uses fewer pesticides. This way of farming protects and encourages wildlife while looking after the health of the soil.
- Better for animal welfare. Organic means always free-range and organic standards insist that animals are given plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow more naturally.
- Know what’s in your food. When it comes to organic, you know exactly what’s in your food. GM crops and ingredients are banned so you only get real ingredients with no artificial colours or preservatives.
- It’s full of flavour. Organic farms rely on developing a healthy, fertile soil to grow a mixture of crops that are naturally tasty!
Whether you’re new to organic food or want some extra inspiration, as well as the opportunity to support your local retailers, get involved and stock up for the most important meal of the day and experience the fabulous range of organic food and drink your local stores have to offer.
Start your day the organic way with your free breakfast taster at any of the following stores:
- Infinity Foods, 25 North Rd, Brighton, BN1 1YA
- Green Valleys Honey, Brighton Open Market, 1 Marshall's Row, Brighton, BN1 4JU
- Foodshed Co-op, Brighton Open Market, 1 Marshall's Row, Brighton, BN1 4JU
- Rainbow Organic Chocolates, Brighton Open Market, 1 Marshall's Row, Brighton, BN1 4JU
- Gratitude Tree Grocers, 9, Richardson Road, Hove, BN3 5RB
- Seed'n'Sprout, 82 St George's Rd, Brighton, BN2 1EF
- Kernel, 2, Victoria Terrace, Hove, BN3 2WB
- Black Radish, 149 Portland Rd, Hove, BN3 5QJ
- Down To Earth, 128 Portland Rd, Hove, BN3 5QL
- The Seasons Forest Row Ltd, Medway House, Lower Road, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5HE
- Seaford Health Food Store, 26, Church Street, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 1LD
- Tablehurst Farm, London Road, Forest Row, East Sussex, RH18 5DP
Click here find out more and find a local store. Join in the action with hashtag #WakeUpToOrganic and #FeedYourHappy.